Certified Innovative Organization (CInOrg)®
The Certified Innovative Organization is a certification reserved exclusively for businesses and government agencies. Through a process of third-party assessment (audit), the CInOrg establishes that your organization has achieved and demonstrated a certain level of maturity and capability for pursuing short, medium, and long term innovation and growth. This distinguishes your organization among its peers and competitors as being capable of delivering next-generation value and market-leading customer experiences to its markets. There are three levels of CInOrg certification, corresponding to increasing levels of innovation maturity and capability.
These are (in order of least to most capable):
What Organizations Should Apply?
Any organization – whether for-profit business, nonprofit institution, or government agency – that depends on using innovation to pursue strategic aims such as growth, market leadership, and customer satisfaction will benefit from this certification and should apply.
- Manufacturing Companies – High Tech, Hardgoods, Fast-Moving Consumer Goods, Food & Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, etc.
- Service Organizations – Banking, Finance, Insurance, Hospitality, Travel, etc.
- Nonprofit Institutions – Schools & Universities, Research Institutes, Libraries, Hospitals, etc.
- Government Agencies – Economic Development, Infrastructure, Transportation, Utilities, Social Welfare, etc.
Major Benefits of Becoming a Certified Innovative Organization
Your organization will become increasingly progressive and forward-thinking as it pursues market leadership through innovation. By focusing on delivering next generation solutions and experiences that connect deeply with its markets, it will develop a sense of purpose in the organization and a strong engagement with the marketplace.
Ensure Your Organization’s Ongoing Relevance and Long-Term Resilience
Your organization will learn how to develop and drive the best mix of short, medium, and long-term innovations to ensure its ongoing relevance in the marketplace and its long-term resilience to the inevitable changes occurring in the world around us. It will come to understand the importance of pursuing long-term growth to retain its position as a market leader.
Develop the Capability to Drive Innovation Strategically Throughout Your Organization
Your organization will learn how to pursue innovation strategically, as well as how to develop and implement an innovation strategy that supports its broader business strategy. It will learn how to leverage both internal and external insights and capabilities to ensure it consistently delivers relevant and impactful value to its markets.
Show the World Your Commitment to Innovation and Progress
Wear your organization’s certificate proudly as an emblem of its commitment to innovation and progress, and use this as an effective marketing tool to reinforce a message of relevance and market leadership.
Obtaining CInOrg Certification
The process for becoming a GInI Certified Innovative Organization involves the following steps:
- Contact a GInI Authorized Innovation Assessor (AInA)® to initiate the process.
- Throughout this process, all interactions will be directly with your AInA. You do not need to contact or submit an application to GInI.
- Discuss with the AInA whether you feel your organization is ready and prepared to move directly into a full CInOrg innovation maturity assessment, or if you feel it first needs to go through a pre-assessment to ascertain its current level of innovation maturity. Based on input you offer to the AInA, they can guide you on your organization's likely level of readiness. You can then decide together which path to take.
- Your AInA can explain to you the various steps involved in the assessment process.
- When you and your AInA are ready to engage in the formal CInOrg innovation maturity assessment, you would schedule it accordingly and complete the assessment process.
- After the assessment has been completed, your AInA will submit their completed Innovation Maturity Assessment Report to GInI (the AInA will not share this report with you).
- GInI Expert Consultants will review the AInA's Assessment Report and make the final determination as to CInOrg status.
- Thereafter, GInI will notify you of the outcome of the assessment process and your status as a CInOrg (including which level). At this point, GInI will also forward you a copy of the AInA's formal Innovation Maturity Assessment Gap Analysis Report, which will highlight remaining gaps to continue working toward.
Maintaining CInOrg Certification
This excludes fees for the Authorized Innovation Assessor (AInA)®, which are to be contracted independently.