Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be a GInI member in order to apply for a GInI certification?
Yes, only members of GInI can apply for any for any of the GInI certifications. Membership is free. To join, visit the Membership Page .
Do I have to be a CInP, CDTP, CInS or a CCInO holder to apply for other GInI certifications?
No. No GInI certification is a prerequisite of another. However, individuals often do find it helpful to pursue the respective certifications in an order of increasing strategic focus, from Professional to Strategist to Officer. This sequence can provide a good fit to one’s career development, helping to prepare them for the next stage of their career path.
Those seeking to be certified as an Authorized Innovation Assessor (AInA)® must first be certified as either a CInS or a CCInO.
What are the eligibility requirements for each certification?
The eligibility requirements for each certification are different, and are explained in the respective certifications page.
How do I earn a GInI certification?
Obtaining a GInI certification involves the following steps:
1. Register a member of GInI.
2. Meet the Exam Eligibility Requirements for the particular certification you are interested in.
3. Submit the Exam Application to GInI.
4. Await the application completeness review and approval by GInI – this may take up to 48 hours.
5. Pay the Exam Enrollment Fee.
6. Pass the application audit; if your application is selected for an audit, you will be notified by email after payment of the Exam Enrollment Fee is received.
7. Receive the exam details from GInI.
8. Complete the exam within the Exam Eligibility Period (1 year).
How do I complete the application to obtain a GInI certification?
All certification applications are available online through the member profile page of this web site. On your member profile page, select on the “Apply for Certification Exam” button and follow the instructions presented.
What supporting documentation do I need to send in with my application?
In most cases, the application process does not require supporting documentation. In some cases however, GInI’s Operations Team may request supporting documentation if they believe there is a need.
How do I add my GInI certifications to my LinkedIn profile?
To display your GInI certifications on LinkedIn, follow the steps detailed in https://www.gini.org/article.php?id=42