Code of Values and Professional Practice
The Global Innovation Institute has developed its Code of Values and Professional Practice to promote and maintain the most appropriate standards of performance and conduct. These apply to all persons and organizations recognized and certified to hold the GInI certification marks: Certified Innovation Professional (CInP)®, Certified Design Thinking Professional (CDTP)®, Certified Innovation Strategist (CInS)®, Certified Chief Innovation Officer (CCInO)®, Authorized Innovative Assessor (AInA)®, Certified Innovative Organization (CInOrg)®.
The Global Innovation Institute is defined by the following set of values and practices:
- To promote the use of innovation for making the world a better place – more sustainable, more prosperous, and more egalitarian.
- To promote cultural agility in businesses and humanization of the workplace, including a balanced perspective of stakeholder interests.
- To promote a spirit of constant renewal in business, giving rise to clear statements of purpose and mission.
- To promote environments that encourage the free and open exchange of ideas.
- To promote market acuity and organizational velocity in businesses, including a propensity for smart, rapid experimentation.
- To promote new forms of employee engagement, skill development, and career progression for individuals.
- To promote the persistent creation of new value through Innovation and its supporting business activities.
- To promote good practice around discovery, insights, use of imagination and creativity, and the strategizing and execution required to bring innovations to market.
- To celebrate diversity and global understanding, understanding the role these play in achieving innovation.
- To behave justly, honestly, and with full respect for all others, recognizing that the best innovations are the fruit of a democratic process.