Maintain Your Certificate
|Certified Innovation Professional (CInP)®||45 IDUs during 2-year cycle|
|Certified Design Thinking Professional (CDTP)®||30 IDUs during 2-year cycle|
|Certified Innovation Strategist (CInS)®||45 IDUs during 2-year cycle|
|Certified Chief Innovation Officer (CCInO)®||60 IDUs during 2-year cycle|
|Authorized Innovation Assessor (AInA)®||60 IDUs during 2-year cycle|
Continuing Education (40 IDU's maximum)
Continuing Education activities include:
- College and University Courses
- Conferences and Seminars
- E-Learning Courses
- Webinar/Webcasts, Video-conferences (15 IDU’s limit)
Instruction / Teaching (30 IDU's maximum)
1- Conducting a formal presentation within your organization
2- Teaching a course or workshop or presenting a seminar or conference session
You may earn reaccreditation IDU`s only for the first time you give the same presentation or teach a course, workshop, etc., even if you present to different audiences. You earn 1 IDU for every hour of presentation time.
On-the-Job-Experience (30 IDU's maximum)
- Research and design of an Innovation Strategy
- Research, design and implementation of an innovation tool or system
- Participation in an Innovation Senior Comity and implementing procedures through the organization
- Development of an Innovation strategy framework
- Innovation Lab implementation
Recording on-the-job projects:
To earn IDU`s in this category, you must describe in your application how this project added to your Innovation knowledge. For any first-time work experience, it’s likely that you will spend more time researching,designing and implementing the new work product than the maximum available in this category. To record your time:
1- List the work project(s) and the duration dates
2- Calculate the number of hours spent on the work project
3- If the time spent on the work project(s) exceeds the 30-hour maximum, request the maximum number of IDU`s
Research and Publishing (20 IDU's maximum)
You can earn IDUs in this category by conducting primary research on an Innovation-related topic and then writing and publishing the results of that research in a scholarly Innovation journal or publication. Your research must be independent of your regular job duties.
Examples of research and publishing that earn IDU`s include:
- solely writing an article that is published in a journal or periodical (10 IDU`s)
- making a significant contribution to a published text, such as a textbook (10 IDU`s)
- co-writing or editing an article or a chapter in a textbook (5 IDU`s)
- developing an Innovation video (5 IDU`s)
- writing and publishing a fact-based blog post covering subjects related to the Innovation field (1 IDU per post, a limit of (20) IDU`s during two years’ certification cycle) – must be approved by and published on GInI website
If you have failed to achieve the necessary number of IDUs, you can maintain your current certification by retaking the certification exam again before the end of your 2-year certification cycle. You can also reinstate a lapsed certification by retaking the certification exam. To retake the certification exam, complete and submit the Exam Application through the My Account page.
Note the following guidelines for re-examination:
- Take the exam before your certification cycle ends.
- Re-certify only for your current certification type.
- Wait at least 12 months from your most recent certification date before retaking the exam.
- Adhere to the same exam-application policies and procedures and pay the same Exam Enrollment Fee as first-time exam takers.